- No submission fees are applicable.
- Each participant is allowed to submit photographs in BOTH the Open and Youth sub-category.
- Anyone residing in Singapore during the duration of Montage 2018 (1st April 2018 to 14th June 2018) is eligible to participate in the MONTAGE 2018-OPEN CATEGORY COMPETITION.
- Anyone residing in Singapore during the duration of Montage 2018, currently enrolled in a Singapore-registered primary, secondary, post-secondary, pre-university and tertiary institutions, and below 25 years of age (as of 1st January 2018) is eligible to participate in the MONTAGE 2018-YOUTH CATEGORY COMPETITION.
- Submissions for the Competition will be accepted from 1st April 2018 till 14th June 2018, 2359 HRS (GMT+8).
- All entries made after that time will not be accepted and late submissions will be disqualified.
- All images will be considered submitted and final after submission with no further changes allowed.
NUSPSwill not be liable for any errors or failures occurred during the submission of photos.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of 3 entries for each category.
- Submission of
entrywill be done through the official site, http://2018.montage.sg/.
- Only the first 3 entries will be accepted for participants who submitted more than 3 entries.
- Should participants wish to withdraw or replace previous entries, it is the participant’s responsibility to notify and obtain approval from the Organiser (Email us at Project@nusps.org.sg).
- Images submitted are recommended to contain at least 2400 pixels on the longer side.
- The combined file size of all images to be submitted should not exceed 8MB (ie if you are submitting 3 images, the combined file size of all images should not be more than 8MB)
- Images must not have been used for commercial purposes, published previously or won prizes in other competitions, locally or abroad.
Both colour and monochrome images are allowed.
- Excessive digital manipulations that distort the reality of the image are not allowed.
- Adding or removing key elements of the composition is discouraged and may not be accepted for judging.
- To inspire participants with the opportunity to discover, explore and express their creativity and imagination, the Organiser permits participants to experiment with the following photography techniques: Multiple Exposures. Moderate HDR.
- Failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification. The Organiser and judges hold the rights to disqualify any entries that have been deemed to have been manipulated too excessively.
- Participants can use any type of camera and/or film.
- Only online submission of digital images is accepted. For images captured on film, it is the responsibility of the participant to scan the film negatives/slides into digital JPEG format. Participants are entirely responsible for all entry-related costs.
- Each submission can only contain unique images. Images that have been previously included in another or the same category cannot be resubmitted.
- In order to uphold the fairness of the judging, there should be no watermark or any other form of addition that may seemingly expose the identity of the photographer.
- The Organiser reserves the right to reject entries with incomplete details.
- Each participant must be the original author and sole copyright owner of each image submitted for Montage 2018.
- By entering the contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted image is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the image does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the image.
- The image must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Organiser, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- All images submitted will be considered final after submission.
Further changes will not be entertained.
- In the event that an entry is shortlisted, the original file, negative or slide (with no manipulations) of winning entries may be requested for verification upon notification. Failing which, the entries will be disqualified.
- Title and caption will be taken into consideration during judging. Judging will be done on an anonymous basis.
- The decisions of the judges are final and no correspondence will be entertained. NUSPS and judges will not enter into any disputes regarding the result.
- The judging panel reserves the right not to award the prizes if the submitted images do not meet the requirements stated in this page.
- Results of the competition will be announced across all MONTAGE 2018 Publicity Platform.
- Top 75 shortlisted participants will be contacted through email that their entries have been selected for
exhibition. Amongst the 75, a further 10 participants from each category, will be notified that they are in contention for the top 3 prizes and the Top 3 winning entries together with the merit prize winners will be announced during the Prize Presentation Ceremony which will be held on 7th July 2018.
- Shortlisted participants will be cordially invited and are expected to be present for the Montage 2018 awards ceremony on 7th July 2018 during which the results of the competition will be announced and Prize Presentation will be held.
- Should the shortlisted participant be unable to attend the Prize Presentation, a representative validated by an authorization
letter,can be appointed. NUSPS must howeverbe notified 3 days in advance. A stand-in prize will be given to the representative on stage while the real prize will be handed after the event upon verification by NUSPS.
- NUSPS reserves the rights to disqualify any entries at the discretion of the competition committee if the content is deemed inappropriate and/or the photographs fail to satisfy the Rules and Regulations of Montage 2018 and the law of Singapore.
- NUSPS will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition.
- For multiple winning entries from the same participant, only the higher/highest award will be given.
- Shortlisted participants may be called for interview(s) with the media and/or
NUSPSManagement Committee and Montage 2018 Prize Presentation.
- All prizes are as per stated
inthe website. In the event should the original prize be unavailable, another prize of equivalent value will be given as a substitute.
- By submitting their images, the participants are deemed to have
(a) understood and accepted the Official Rules and Regulations as stated by NUSPS;
(b) agree that decisions of the Judges are final on all matters pertaining to the Competition;
(c) if he/she wins, the Organiser
as well as Official Supporting Partnersmay use the winning images, winner’s name as publicity in relation to the Competition without compensation or approval; and
(d) grant the Organiser & Official Supporting Partners rights to publish the entries to congratulate winners without having to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection to all digital and printed media for the purposes of publicity and marketing during and after Montage 2018.
- Reserve exhibition and publication rights to the winning and selected entries in print, broadcast and electronic media on our Official and Supporting Media Partner’s as well as Supporter’s platforms without requiring permission from the participant and without any fee payable
- Are granted the rights to publish the entries to congratulate winners in recognition of their talents without having to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection to all digital and printed media for the purposes of publicity and marketing during and after Montage 2018.
- Have the right to use the participants’ names for promotional purposes without compensation to the participant;
- Have the right to exhibit, edit the entries’ titles and use the winning entries for publicity and marketing purposes before, during and after the competition. Winning entries will be exhibited at venues which will be released at a further notice on this website.
- Reserves the right to use/reproduce/display the images submitted for any artistic or non-commercial purposes, without payment of any fee. Photographers will
however, retain their rights to their photos and will be credited should their photos be used.
- Will be discharged and held harmless from any claims, losses and damages arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Competition and the acceptance and use, misuse
ofpossession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- Have the right to disqualify any entry submitted which is non-compliant to the rules and regulations or copyright infringements and also if the contents are deemed pornographic or against public interest.
- Will not be held legally liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the participants; and
- Reserve the right to modify the competition prizes and its rules and regulations at any point of time, without prior notice. Any amendments will be published on montage media platforms (official website and facebook) and it is the participants’ responsibility to check the website for any amendments prior submission. The
NUSPSassumes no liability whatsoever for any outcome as a result of such action.
- Participants must own the sole copyright of entries. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any prize winners who do not own the copyrights to their entries and to recover the prizes that have been awarded to them.
- All participants must be the owner of the photograph (and all the intellectual property and other proprietary rights in the photograph submitted). The participant shall indemnify the Organiser against all intellectual property infringement and other proprietary claims including any costs, charges and expenses in respect thereof.
- Submission of entries signifies acceptance of the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Any breach of the rules and regulations by a participant will void his/her submission.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I submit photos for both categories? What's the difference between Open and Student category?
Yes you can! In fact, we recommend that you try both categories if you are eligible. The open category is open to all living in Singapore, while the student category is only open to students living in Singapore below the age of 25 years old, and it is another avenue for youths in Singapore to showcase their work.
2. I'm did not receive a confirmation email, does that mean my submission was unsuccessful?
If you did not receive a green 'Success' pop-up and a confirmation email, that means your submission was not successful. This may be due to the following:
• Our submission system allows for a total maximum file size of 8mb for all 3 photos combined. If you wish to submit images with a total file size larger than 8mb, either submit the form separately for each photo or email your full details, photos and captions to email@example.com
• You did not fill in all required fields in the submission form
Still unsuccessful? E-mail your full details (follow the form), photos and captions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Can I submit more than 3 photos per category?
No, if more than 3 photos are submitted in a category, only the first 3 photos will be judged.
4. What if I want to edit my submission?
Unfortunately, all submissions are final and no changes will be allowed. Please make sure that your images and captions are uploaded correctly during the submission.
5. What does Timeless mean?
There are many different ways to interpret what Timeless means. We are open to all interpretations of the theme, and look forward to seeing your creative expression of the theme through your photos! For a start, do an online search for Timeless to get some inspiration.
6. Why should I join the Montage Photo Competition?
The top winners stand to win up to $2000 worth of attractive prizes, such as Canon cameras (eg Canon M6) and Manfrotto Accessories. This competition is also a great chance to collaborate with friends and improve your photography together!
7. What if my work is not good enough for the competition?
After speaking with professional photographers at the workshops, a key takeaway we learnt is this - the best way to improve is to share your work and learn from others. Take a step outside your comfort zone and try joining the competition! You collaborate and gather feedback from your friends to keep improving your work.